You are a student at the CNAC: Erasmus + OUT

CNAC students can take advantage of Erasmus exchanges to participate in traineeships or to study for a year at foreign partner schools.


For more information about Erasmus + student mobility:
General information Erasmus +:  Isabelle Funes Isabelle Funes, Centre national des arts du cirque /  CNAC de Châlons-en-Champagne
Student mobility: Sandrine Bretonne Sandrine Bretonne, Centre national des arts du cirque /  CNAC de Châlons-en-Champagne

Admission Conditions and Procedures

1 - Information and pre-application

If you are interested in a traineeship or full academic year at a foreign institution, please contact the ENSAC studies department: Sandrine Bretonne Sandrine Bretonne, Centre national des arts du cirque /  CNAC de Châlons-en-Champagne.
Before contacting them, you should have found a teacher happy to receive you as an Erasmus student or, at the very least, a foreign institution you want to attend. The CNAC may be able to intervene in helping you contact your chosen teacher or institution.
Following this preliminary process, your mobility request must be confirmed in a cover letter explaining why you want to be an Erasmus student.


- Administrative procedures can be lengthy and it is very important to submit your application as soon as possible.
- The Erasmus programme does not offer student mobility within your home country. For example, if you are of Italian nationality, you cannot apply for mobility to an Italian institution. However, if you have completed your entire education in France, you may consider Erasmus mobility in your home country.

2 - Application assessment by the education board and institution leadership

After considering your request, the CNAC education board will make a decision about your mobility plans, which must then be approved by the CNAC leadership.

3 - Submit your mobility application to the host institution

If the CNAC agrees to your mobility, you must send your request to your chosen institution. Each host institution has its own mobility admissions conditions and calendar. It is up to you to check the closing date for applications and required documents with each institution. Please note, some institutions close applications in late January for the start of the academic year in September.

4 - Establishing Inter-Institutional and Learning agreements

Once your application has been accepted by the host institution, the CNAC must sign an Inter-Institutional Agreement with them and a Learning Agreement corresponding to your plans. This Learning Agreement must be signed by the three parties (your host institution, the CNAC and you) before your departure.

5 - Getting your mobility request approved by Agence Erasmus + France

CNAC services will submit your application for a mobility grant to Agence Erasmus + France. You cannot submit this application yourself.
In the event that your mobility request relates to several host institutions, only one application needs to be submitted.
Acceptance of applications can be lengthy.

6 - Completing your administrative enrolment at the CNAC

Your enrolment at the CNAC must be administratively in order (including enrolment fees) before your departure to allow you to benefit from the Erasmus grant.

Learning Agreement

Your Learning Agreement must be written and approved before you leave. This agreement must include the list of courses you will follow during your period of mobility. This Learning Agreement must be signed by the three parties (your host institution, the CNAC and you). By signing this agreement, you agree to follow the courses indicated.
At the end of the year, the ECTS credits acquired during your mobility period are automatically transferred to the CNAC and the courses followed during your mobility will be taken into account within the DNSP curriculum.
Any special requests for modifications of the Learning Agreement must be approved, confirmed and signed by both institutions.

Mobility Grant

You can apply for financial aid (mobility grant) to cover your travel and subsistence costs depending on your destination and the length of your stay. Agence Erasmus + France can provide precise information on the amount you will be allocated.
After acceptance, you must sign a grant agreement with the CNAC stipulating the amount and terms of payment.


- The agency is unable to award grants to all mobility applications! Students refused this financial aid (Zero-EU grant students) who meet all the conditions for departure can nevertheless apply for aid from other sources or rely on their own funds.
- Students with limited personal or family financial resources may apply for an additional grant (documents and proof will be required to support this application).

Erasmus Student Charter

The Erasmus Student Charter explains your rights and duties when studying abroad.
See here Charte Erasmus des étudiants (760 ko )

Required Language Level

An online language assessment is compulsory before your mobility period depending on the language of instruction for the courses you will follow during your mobility (English, German, Dutch, Italian or Spanish).
The test is taken online through the Online Linguistic Support (OLS) learning platform that assesses language skills – listening, reading and writing – in accordance with the Common European Framework of Reference (CECR). Registration on the platform for the test is provided by the CNAC.
Depending on your mastery of the language used at your host institution, you will be given access to the OLS platform to follow online language courses before or during your mobility period.
In addition, the host institution may offer online language courses (2-12 months) if your level is below that recommended.

Health Insurance

The European Health Insurance Card is essential and can be obtained through the European Union website.

Health insurance is compulsory for all students leaving the country on an Erasmus programme. This insurance is sometimes required on application. It must include the following elements:
- travel insurance (including damage or loss of luggage),
- public liability,
- accident and serious illness (including temporary or permanent incapacity),
- death (including repatriation).

Accommodation and Travel

Once the grant agreement has been signed, you can begin looking for accommodation. Your host institution should be able to provide you with information about accommodation options for foreign students.
The CNAC international relations adviser can also help you organise your mobility period.